If you are involved in any type of outdoor construction project, you may have to deal with some difficult terrain, which can cause real headaches if you need to move heavy materials from one place to another. A good solution may be for you to choose a rough terrain forklift and here at MJC Services, we are able to provide you with this type of vehicle if you are located in the Reading, Swindon or Oxford areas.
Rough Terrain Forklifts Explained
There are a number of important ways in which a rough terrain forklift differs from a standard forklift:
• It has inflatable tyres that benefit from thick threads, which means the forklift can be driven on all types of terrain.
• They have an internal combustion engine that is compact but powerful.
• They have been designed to be highly manoeuvrable.
• They are far more durable than an average forklift.
Good Reasons for Hiring a Rough Terrain Forklift
There may be some compelling reasons why you might want to hire a rough terrain forklift including:
• This type of forklift is designed to be able to move heavy materials across rugged, uneven terrain..
• It can deal with heavy weights – for example, the Ausa C250H can carry up to 3 tons.
• The counterbalance at the back of this vehicle is carefully calibrated in order to prevent overbalancing, which makes it a good choice for a construction site.
• The fact that it has an internal combustion engine means it will be much more powerful than a regular forklift. It will usually have faster acceleration and be able to reach higher speeds too.
• There are some rough terrain forklifts that can operate in snow, ice or mud.
• In some situations, it may be used instead of heavier equipment such as skid-steer loaders. This means that you may be able to save money by choosing this option.
Who to Call When You Need a Rough Terrain Forklift?
Here at MJC Services, we specialise in all types of forklift hire, alongside selling both new and second-hand models. If you are unsure about your forklift needs, you can contact our experienced team for expert advice. We offer quality rough terrain forklifts that are a great option if you are involved in any type of construction project where rough terrain is a problem, so get in touch today to find out more about hiring our vehicles by the day or week to resolve all of your problems.